Re: Q: How to audit a user and thier rights?

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:50:00 -0600

eAddict wrote:
> I was asked how to verify what tables, privs, and such a particular
> oracle user had.
> Short of showing the scripts I used to create the user, how do I
> actually go back in
> and verify/list all rights and to what?
>
> Thanks in advance...

The user will have full rights to everything they own. So query DBA_OBJECTS to see that user's objects.

The user will have any privileges granted to that user through a role. So find out what roles that user has been granted by querying DBA_ROLE_PRIVS. Once you know the roles, you can see any system privileges for that user by querying DBA_SYS_PRIVS where the GRANTEE is the user and the user's roles. You can see the object-level privileges for that user by querying DBA_TAB_PRIVS as well.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net