Re: dmp file

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2007 06:52:31 -0800

On Feb 26, 9:00 am, "Plactoon" <elsersupr..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, my problem is: i have a backup of my oracle 8.1.7 database, i ftp
> the dmp.Z file to another server but not in binary mode, is there any
> way to fix this file??
>
> thx

I think it is unlikely that the file can be fixed. There is no way for you to know what data values might have been changed so even if the file would import there could be corrupted data in the result.

Check to see if the source file still exists then if it does Re-FTP the file from the source using a binary FTP. If the file has been removed see if you can get a new one made.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Feb 26 2007 - 08:52:31 CST