Re: Ora-3113 when executing a complex query!

From: John <john.feibusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2007 01:19:05 -0800

On Feb 22, 7:22 am, "GigioTD" <gigi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting 0RA-03113 (end of file on comunication channel) when I
> execute a view very complex (union, connect by, etc. etc.).
> The database is oracle 9.2.0.5... anyone has idea of what could cause
> this?
>
> Thanks in advance!!!
> Bye

If the query takes a long time to execute before it returns any values, and you are connecting through a firewall, the firewall might time out the connection due to inactivity. I believe ORA-3113 is a possible result of this. Try running the query on the database server. If it works OK there, try setting SQLNET.EXPIRE_TIME to 10 on the SERVER, and then restart the listeners. Received on Sat Feb 24 2007 - 03:19:05 CST