Re: ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

From: <lazyboy_2k_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2007 17:35:41 -0800

$ who am i
oracle pts/4 Feb 23 17:16 (itd12345.com)

$ ls -l ${ORACLE_HOME}/dbs
total 64
-rw-rw---- 1 oracle oinstall 1552 Feb 20 15:56 hc_ora10g.dat
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 1552 Feb 23 15:17 hc_ora10gdb.dat
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 8385 Sep 11 1998 init.ora
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 12920 May 3 2001 initdw.ora
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 24 Feb 20 14:38 lkORA10GDB
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 1536 Feb 20 14:41 orapwora10gdb
-rw-r----- 1 oracle oinstall 2560 Feb 22 22:00
spfileora10gdb.ora

I don't have SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE entry in the file.

$ more sqlnet.ora
# sqlnet.ora Network Configuration File: /oraclesw/product/10.2.0/ network/admin/sqlnet.ora
# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

NAMES.DIRECTORY_PATH= (TNSNAMES, EZCONNECT) SQL> conn sys/oracle as sysdba
SQL> SELECT * FROM v$pwfile_users;

USERNAME                       SYSDB SYSOP

SYS TRUE TRUE

This is the only way that I can connect to a db. I have tried some others but not successful. I was thinking to rebuild the password file by running orapwd, but I'm not sure the syntax 'cuz I tried it one time & still wasn't able to login. Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 19:35:41 CST