Help with EM/agent blackouts

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 22:18:38 GMT

Grid Control 10.2
Agent 10.2
RDBMS version 9.2.0.5 through 10.2.0.1

I've had a really annoying problem for some time and was hoping someone could offer a solution. When an instance goes down and comes back up, even if there was a blackout in effect, the OMS sends out an alert email as soon as the blackout ends. Even if the blackout extends an hour beyond the time when the instance came backup up, I still get an alert email when the blackout ends. I don't want them if the database was back up before the blackout ended. How can I do that. Is this a bug in the way the OMS handles blackouts? Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 16:18:38 CST