drop user cascade undo /redo?

From: Unknown <m.leyden_at_chello.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 21:14:16 +0100

Rdbms version:			9.2.0.5
Database configuration:		Data-warehouse / OLAP (noarchivelog)
O.S.				AIX 5L Version 5.1

Hi,

I am preparing for a change. 3 tablespaces where created using a too large uniform size of 1M. This needs to be rectified. The particular tablespaces need to be recreated with a smaller uniform size because the uniform size is too large for the size of objects the tablespace is housing causing inefficient data storage.

The tablespaces in question contain only objects belonging to one user/schema and the user/schema only owns objects that are created in the tablespaces in question.

What in globally needs to be done.
- save create user & tablespace ddl from OEM.

I have been advised by the customer to drop the user with cascade option, considering the user owns 100GB of data, I am afraid of performance issues, generation of large amounts of undo redo.

If possible I would rather drop the tablespaces belonging to the user first and then drop the user with cascade to remove all other objects belonging to the user that are saved in the data dictionary.

Please advise what the best strategy is, any other related tips are more the welcome.

Regards Mick
(Junior DBA). Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 14:14:16 CST