Re: Help with imp error

From: <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2007 05:28:29 -0800

On 23 feb, 13:22, "Plactoon" <elsersupr..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, i have a dmp backup file, i need to do a full import, the backup
> was made in Oracle 8.1.6 database and i need to recover it in Oracle
> 10g database, when i run the import i get these errors:
>
> IMP-00098: INTERNAL ERROR: impgst2
> IMP-00028: rollback de la importación parcial de la tabla anterior:
> 10388 filas con rollback
> . importando la tabla "EMPLEADO_CORRESPONDENCIA" 1 filas
> importadas
> . importando la tabla "EMPLEADO_DEPORTE" 11118 filas
> importadas
> . importando la tabla "EMPLEADO_IDIOMA" 11897 filas
> importadas
> . importando la tabla "EMPLEADO_MAR" 10583 filas
> importadas
> . importando la tabla "EMPLEADO_MAYO"
> illegal lob length marker 65535
> bytesread = 00000000000
> TABLE = EMPLEADO_MAYO
> IMP-00098: INTERNAL ERROR: impgst2
> IMP-00028: rollback de la importación parcial de la tabla anterior:
> 6930 filas con rollback
>
> please help,
>
> thx,
>
> Plactoon

Unclear where the first rollback came from; either increase your undo retention or use commit=y during the import. The second one *may* have to do with the fact you cannot restore LOBs into another tablespace - the naming must be exactly as in the source database.
I doubt it though - "illegal lob length marker" looks like something else - an incloplete, or damaged export file. Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 07:28:29 CST