Re: app needs 9i but 10G available

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:44:47 +0000

ton de w wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I will be deploying an application that "needs" 9i on Solaris, the
> only version that is supported. But the only Oracle db available is
> 10g (on Solaris 10). Should I just deploy it and hope it works? Or is
> there something i can do to ensure it is technically supported?
>
> TIA
>
> Ton

I see solaris 9i available at
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/oracle9i/index.html making sure it is supported is a matter of discussion between you and the vendor, you might well ask what their support plans for 10 are since 9.2 becomes desupported in the middle of the year.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA