Table function with unknown column list

From: <devjnr_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2007 07:57:43 -0800

Hello all,

I'm trying to solve a problem and I have to do this query:

select a.* from tab1 a join view1 b on a.id = b.id;

The problem is that view1 is a very large/complex object and when I have to filter rows this way:

 select a.* from tab1 a join view1 b on a.id = b.id where a.id = 5;

I obtain execution times absolutely out of range....noway.

I would like to create a pipelined function that filter results BEFORE doing join operations, so I will obtain this:

select a.* from tab1 a join (select * from table(select * from tbfunct('5'))) tbfunc1 b on a.id = b.id;

I tried to do this with a view that has "where id = 5" in its code and it works well, so I started to write code but I can't declare a record type that has unknown column list...because I don't want to add or remove columns in function table whenever a modification in underlined table occurs.

I hope I explained the situation well...:)

Any help appreciated.

Regards. Received on Thu Feb 22 2007 - 09:57:43 CST