Re: Are there any sample DBs with content to load ?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2007 11:37:59 -0800

On Feb 21, 10:47 am, peter.s..._at_yahoo.com (Peter Swampton) wrote:
> In order to learn some SQL and PL-SQL statements I need one or more sample
> databases with one or more tables inside.
>
> Ok, I could create the tables and data records manually.
> But this would be very unconvenient. Before I reinvent the wheel
> I could imagine that there is somewhere a sample database to download
> which I can load into my Oracle installation.
>
> Does someone here in the forum know such a sample database ?
>
> Thank you
> Pete

There is an appendix in the 10g Oracle Database Reference manual that lists additionaly database structures you can create, including examples.

The script is probably in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin, though it would help if you stated your exact platform and version.

There is also an entire document about installing sample schemas: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14198/toc.htm

Many posts here and elsewhere (like asktom.oracle.com) include scripts for creating tables and data for particular issues. Many people require such scripts to work on problems, including many official support service requests, so it is a good idea to practice finding or making such scripts.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
Yow!  http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2007/02/18/591493.aspx