sqldeveloper gives "compiler error" with good pl/sql

From: <chunji08_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2007 11:22:28 -0800

We are using stored procedures on Oracle, and everyday we need to export our tables, packages and sequences to some SQL files and upload them to a second database for our junit testing.

We are using the Ant/sql to do the upload work, and using sqldeveloper to check the upload results. There are times that some package bodies are uplodaded, buy give us "compiler error", if I check through sqldeveloper.
But somehow, if I manually re-compile the "failed" package body by using sqldeveloper, everything will be compiled successfully, no compiling errors ?

So I am just wondering why we are getting these "errors" at first place? I thought they might be depended on some other tables/packages, and put these failed ones uploaded at last moment, but the "error" stays.

Can I just ignore these fake errors and just run our unit test cases ? I mean Oracle will be smart enough to find out some packages not being compiled yet, and will re-compile them automatically during the runtime ?

Charlie, Received on Wed Feb 21 2007 - 13:22:28 CST