Re: 10gAS Apache HTTP SSL connection on port 443

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Feb 2007 08:24:41 -0800

On Feb 21, 12:06 pm, "Paolo Iozzino" <paolo.iozz..._at_yahoo.it> wrote:
> Thank you for reply to my discussion
>

> the SSL on 443 works fine. Everything is ok and the application now is
> runnig well. The only problem is
> that now I' ve problem to manage HTTP with OEM. For example if I try
> to deploy I 've this error:
>
> Deployment failed: See base exception for details.
> Root Cause: Configuration changes prevented server startup. ld.so.1:
> httpd: fatal: libdms2.so: open failed: No such file or directory
> Killed
> Resolution: See base exception for details.. Configuration changes
> prevented server startup. ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libdms2.so: open
> failed: No such file or directory
> Killed
> Resolution: Please make sure the values entered in OHS configuration
> files are correct.

This is due to the fact that setuid programs lose the current environment and execute with that of the owner. ld complains that it can't find libdms2.so library - this is because root doesn't have it in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Additionally, at least on some platforms, LD_LIBRARY_PATH is simply ignored for setuid programs and default search path is used instead. One solution on Solaris (at least 8 and later) is to add necessary library paths to the global ld configuration file /var/ld/ld.config (or /var/ld/64/ld.config for 64- bit libraries) using crle utility, like this:

# crle -l /usr/lib -l $ORACLE_HOME/lib

This will create or update /var/ld/ld.config file with new default library search path of /usr/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib (with $ORACLE_HOME expanded.) Note that normally crle -l overwrites the search path so it's important to include original path in the command as well (/usr/ lib is the default search path when no /var/ld/ld.config exists.) crle without arguments will print current search path (crle -64 will print the path for 64-bit environment.) I am not sure libdms2.so is actually in $ORACLE_HOME/lib, so look for it in $ORACLE_HOME subdirectories and add the directory where it is to the default search path with crle (if you have it, that is.) If you don't have crle, reading man pages on ld on your platform may give clues on how to configure its default search path. For example, on Linux the library search path is in /etc/ ld.so.conf.

Hth,

    Vladimir M. Zakharychev
    N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)     http://www.dynamicpsp.com Received on Wed Feb 21 2007 - 10:24:41 CST