Re: RMAN Restore on different server

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2007 11:41:18 -0800

On Feb 19, 11:36 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:02:56 -0800, sybrandb wrote:
> > On Feb 19, 4:51 pm, Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME...._at_verizon.net>
> > wrote:

> >> Only if your target database is a standby, not in general. You will
> >> have to write a whole lot of "SET NEWNAME" statements in your rman
> >> script. Get acquainted with pathologically eclectic rubbish lister.
>
> >> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com
>
> > Not my experience, when using the duplicate database command in RMAN.
> > Using duplicate database aforementioned parameters are observed both
> > for standby and ordinary databases.
>
> I tried it last time with Oracle 9.2, without much success.
>
> --http://www.mladen-gogala.com

I've cloning databases using the above parameters with STandby's on AIX, cloning Production DB's to Test on AIX and Solaris, they work. Below is part of my RMAN cloning script to a non-standby db(but it can be easily changed for standby's):

connect catalog rcat/XXXXXX_at_CATALOGDB1;
connect target  sys/XXXXXXX_at_PRODDB1;
connect auxiliary sys/XXXXX_at_TESTDB1;

run {
allocate auxiliary channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE'; duplicate target database to TESTDB1
nofilenamecheck;
}

An important part of getting it to work is the "nofilenamecheck", no "SETNAME's" required...........

Pete's Received on Tue Feb 20 2007 - 13:41:18 CST