listener failed to start

From: <David.E.M...._at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2007 05:51:29 -0800

First of all, please excuse me as I don't have a depth of knowledge with oracle. I had a problem where a test machine wouldn't run some software. It was determined that oracle failed. After some troubleshooting I realized the listener failed to start. I spent a bunch of time trying to get it started manually to no avail. Eventually I found out that one of the network cables was unplugged. After plugging it in and rebooting it worked like a charm.

Oracle is listening on both network cards, one is a local mini-lan the other is on an intranet. I have since rebooted the server with the cable unplugged but it works fine afterward. This was mostly an isolated incident because we very rarely have an issue with oracle on that server.

I don't have much time to debug the issue now as it is currently working. I just wanted to throw this out there to see if anyone encountered something like this in the past.

Thanks much! Received on Tue Feb 20 2007 - 07:51:29 CST