10gAS Apache HTTP SSL connection on port 443

From: Paolo <paolo.iozzino_at_yahoo.it>
Date: 20 Feb 2007 02:02:17 -0800

Hi everybody,
I've followed metalink notes to switch SSL port to 443.

The problem is that oracle support told me to change the permission of Apache listener controller in this way :

>chmod 6750 /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl
>chown root /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl

but it doesn't work (I' ve this error : Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to port 443)

otherwise this way works well :

>chmod 6750 /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl
>chown root /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/.apachectl
>chown root /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/httpd
>chmod 6750 /oracle/product/10gAS/Apache/Apache/bin/httpd

the only problem is that changing httpd owner I can't manage anymore from Oracle Enterprise Manager ,
for example if I try to deploy an application I'll find this error :

An error occured while undeploying the application. See base exception for
details.
Root Cause: Configuration changes prevented server startup. ld.so.1: httpd:
fatal: libdms2.so: open failed: No such file or directory Killed
Resolution: See base exception for details.. Configuration changes prevented
server startup. ld.so.1: httpd: fatal: libdms2.so: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed
Resolution: Please make sure the values entered in OHS configuration files are

some helps ?

thank you Received on Tue Feb 20 2007 - 04:02:17 CST