Re: LDAP.ora

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:22:35 GMT

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:14:53 +0100, Frank van Bortel wrote:

> HansF schreef:

>> Has anyone run into an issue using one centralized OiD for TNS resolution,
>> and a completely separate OiD for SSO?  Any impact or concern?
>>

> Fail to see when ONAMES comes in - that was phased
> out when 8 or 8i was phased out. Doesn't harm, tho,
> but I'd rather have LDAP, TNSNAMES, EZNAME - in that
> sequence for your case.

The customer has a mixed 9i and 10g environment ... trying to switch to LDAP but still has some ONAMEs stuff. So - LDAP, TNS, ONAMES, HOST, EZNAMES is their preference.

> About your question: have not used your scenario, but
> would not be surprised to find a product, or
> installation, or combination, that does
> not support this scenario of two LDAP servers.
> I'd stick to one - if load is a problem, balance. But
> somehow I doubt that load is the issue at hand here...

No choice. Using Oracle App Server EE (Forms, Reports, etc.) ... looking at adding SSO at some time in the near future so need to plan for it.

The infrastructure for IM and CM is in my project but the conversion from ONAMES to LDAP is a separate project. Attempting to use one LDAP will simply delay both projects as the details of who/what/how/why get nailed. (Not necessarily politics, but logistics and coordination.)

The thing that gets me concerned is that the OH/ldap/admin/ldap.ora is created by OIDCA whereas the OH/network/admin/ldap.ora is create by NETCA. The implication is that OIDCA knows something that NETCA does not.

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!