LDAP.ora

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 03:22:29 GMT

Ran into this today ... (default App Sserver 10.1.2.0.2 install on Win2003)

I configured the sqlnet.ora to look at LDAP first, then tnsnames, onames and host. Then I set up the ldap.ora in the ORACLE_HOME/network/admin to use a custom port (not the default 389)

It didn't find the LDAP entry, although the entry was clearly uses from another machine.

Searching, I found ORACLE_HOME/ldap/admin/ldap.ora with default port 389 settings. Changed that port and all works as expected.

Turns out this is documented. In the database Networking Reference manual http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/network.102/b14213/ldap.htm#sthref969 Of course, the tool used by the app server OUI is well documented ...

Question:

Has anyone run into an issue using one centralized OiD for TNS resolution, and a completely separate OiD for SSO? Any impact or concern?

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)

*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!
*** Top posting [replies] guarantees I won't respond.