UTF8 note decoded when reading from the database

From: <johnny9_at_gmail.com>
Date: 15 Feb 2007 16:08:16 -0800

I have a VB6 / ADO application that can successfully write japanese characters to a UTF8 10g database, but when I read from a CHAR/ VARCHAR2 field the string looks as though it is the ninary representation of utf8... ie, it looks like it did not get converted from UTF8.

I have NLS_LANG set to AMERICA.UTF8.

My Oracle Client Drivers are 9.2.

My Oracle Database is 10g.

I can confirm that the data has been written correctly to the database by using another tool to read the fields. I will also be using other languages in the database.

Any ideas on what I can do so that Oracle converts the fields correctly? Received on Thu Feb 15 2007 - 18:08:16 CST