Re: Nb dbwr

From: <bdurrettccci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2007 13:58:20 -0800

On Feb 13, 3:47 pm, "astalavista" <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> Any advices or link about the number
> of db writer processes ...
> Oracle 9.2.0.6
>
> Thanks in advance

I fooled with this and some related parameters to solve a particular problem we had. In our case we were refreshing development databases by dropping all the objects and doing an import. I just tried the different parameters. We were on 9.2.0.6 and Solaris. We ended up with dbwr_io_slaves=4 and db_writer_processes=1. We also set filesystemio_options=setall. As the others suggested, take something you care about and try it with the various settings. Or leave them alone if things are running well.