Re: DBConsole not working properly.

From: <bdurrettccci_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2007 13:51:44 -0800

On Feb 14, 1:38 am, "shob..._at_gmail.com" <comlear..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.All,
> I am using Windows XP service pack 2 and Oracle 10g. I am unable to
> use DBConsole due to this error --
>
> Could not start the OracleDBConsole service on Local Compuer.
> Error 1053:The service did not respond to the start or control request
> in a timely fashion.
> Please help me to solve this problem.

Hey. I had this for a long time and think I finally figured it out. You probably didn't ask for support for OEM when you created the database. That is what I did. You have to choose "Configure the Database with Enterprise Manager" and "Use Database Control for Database Management" for it to work. You probably just don't have the things in place on the database for the DB control to run.

Can't remember how I fixed it. There is a way to add it after the fact. You can always recreate your database from scratch if you just have a test instance.