Oracle 10gR2: ORA-0600 when accessing data over database link

From: AlexB <bozy_at_pisem.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 16:37:15 +0200

Good day, everyone.

I am testing Oracle 10gR2 on a Linux for POWER platform, and I came across a strange crash when trying to access data over database link:

SQL> desc workorder_at_l_amos
ERROR:
ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kzdlk_zt2 err], [18446744073709551603], [], [], [], [], [], []

and then a huge text file in ?/admin/@/udump directory, containing all the environment at the time of crash:

[quote]
*** ACTION NAME:() 2007-02-14 15:49:11.349

[unquote]

Any type of SQL statement crashes - SELECT, DESCRIBE, UPDATE etc. Tables which I am trying to access do not contain any LONG columns.

I did some tests and found out, that this crash happens if database link has been created with 'IDENTIFIED BY VALUES' clause:

SQL> CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK L_AMOS CONNECT TO AMOSLINK IDENTIFIED BY VALUES '3412736517' USING 'DBSRV2'; DBSRV2 is an Oracle 9.2.0.8 database running on AIX.

If I create database link and use IDENTIFIED BY <password> clause - everything works.

Did not test same on Oracle9i yet, but this behavior seem to be stable on 10gR2

Oracle version is:

Connected to:
Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

I cannot remember password for remote user, this is why I am trying to use CREATE DATABASE LINK ... IDENTIFIED BY VALUES, otherwise I have to change password for this user and then sdjust other database links on other servers.

Anyone has this issue or am I the only one?

Kind regards,

Alex Received on Wed Feb 14 2007 - 08:37:15 CST