Re: Hi any one clarify my doubt isqlplus

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala.SPAM_ME.NOT_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:10:17 GMT

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:15:22 -0800, nagur4study wrote:

> On Feb 12, 8:24 pm, "Mark D Powell" <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:

>> On Feb 12, 7:47 am, "nagur4study" <nagur4st..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > i have 1st started isqlplus using isqlplusctl start and i gavehttp://localhost:5560/isqlplusinbrowser it neither gives the
>> > isqlplus nor error. so colud u tell me hw can i know which port it is
>> > listening r can u give me the query to know the port number.
>>
>> > Thanks & Regards
>> > Nagur
>>
>> Look for a port.ini file under $ORACLE_HOME/install
>>
>> If you enterhttp://host.domaint:5500/emdoes OEM come up?
>>
>> HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
>  in port list it is like dis
> iSQL*Plus HTTP port number =5560
>
> and OEM is working fine could you tell me the solution

Of course, instead of looking for obscure "ports.ini" file, one could do this:

$ nmap localhost

Starting Nmap 4.11 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2007-02-13 09:07 EST Interesting ports on localhost.noip.com (127.0.0.1): Not shown: 1672 closed ports
PORT STATE SERVICE

22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
80/tcp   open  http

631/tcp open ipp
783/tcp open spamassassin
1521/tcp open  oracle
5560/tcp open  isqlplus
8000/tcp open  http-alt

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.294 seconds $

This clearly identifies isqlplus running of the port 783. The use of nmap was explained by Trinity in the movie "Matrix" and it might even have a man page.

--
http://www.mladen-gogala.com