Re: 10G Enterprise Manager Database Control - multiple instances

From: Jim Smith <usenet01_at_ponder-stibbons.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:08:10 +0000

In message <1171283345.607058.182840_at_p10g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>, El'd <eldridge_at_nmmu.ac.za> writes
>Hi Guys
>
>Got 10G database up and running and using the much improved Database
>Control webpage on http://localhost:1158/em
>
>Is it possible to link the Database Control webpage to another
>database (on the same server, on another server, on another database
>version like 9i). I dont see an option to select the Instance to which
>the Database Control is linked to. Or is Oracle Grid Control needed
>for this funtionality?
>
>Thanks for your help

You can have an instance of database control for each instance on a server, but to manage multiple databases from a single from page you need grid control.

--
Jim Smith
Ponder Stibbons Limited <http://oracleandting.blogspot.com/>