Re: Extract tnsnames from Oracle Internet Directory

From: <mike.shankar_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2007 15:14:47 -0800

> I fail to see the use completely. You do not need
> a tnsnames file anymore, once you have it in OID!
>
> And there probably is some sort of ldap query, whcih
> you can use, but I doubt anyone would have one lying
> around - I do not, and once more, I fail to see the
> use.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel
>
> Top-posting is one way to shut me up...

Yes, I do understand that tnsnames is no longer required once OID is setup. However, we may be reverting back to using tnsnames. Don't ask me why. It's a long, silly story that I do not want to get into.

I could not find any information on generating a tnsnames file from OID. Wonder if it's even possible. One way of doing it is to use ldapsearch but I'm curious if there are any other alternatives.

Thanks. Received on Mon Feb 12 2007 - 17:14:47 CST