Re: 10G Enterprise Manager Database Control - multiple instances

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 12 Feb 2007 04:49:58 -0800

On Feb 12, 1:29 pm, "El'd" <eldri..._at_nmmu.ac.za> wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Got 10G database up and running and using the much improved Database
> Control webpage onhttp://localhost:1158/em
>
> Is it possible to link the Database Control webpage to another
> database (on the same server, on another server, on another database
> version like 9i). I dont see an option to select the Instance to which
> the Database Control is linked to. Or is Oracle Grid Control needed
> for this funtionality?
>
> Thanks for your help

Database Control is linked to a specific database, and can not be 'linked' to a different database.
So indeed you need Grid Control.
NB: Most 'advanced' functionality of both DB control and Grid Control is included in Option Pack. Those packs are installed automatically, I believe, however they are NOT for free (and quite expensive).

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA