Re: opatch fails do i need to reinstall the entire software?

From: Teresa <tpreto7_at_sapo.pt>
Date: 10 Feb 2007 09:58:52 -0800

On Feb 8, 10:10 am, ricfor..._at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> > Oracle
> > recommende that you do not mix the inventories of Oracle8i and
> > Oracle10g
>
> Andy,
> I was interested in this comment as I've not seen it as a potential
> problem before. Do you have a link at all please?
> Many thanks,
> Ric.

My issue has been fixed as following
SET ORACLE_BASE
update /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc to new oracle_base directory cd $ORACLE_HOME/oui/bin
then

./runinstaller -silent -invPtrLoc /var/opt/oracle/oraInst.loc - attachHome ORACLE_HOME='yourhome' ORACLE_HOME_NAME='YOURhomeNAME'

then to testset your PATH
opatch lsinventory

Teresa Received on Sat Feb 10 2007 - 11:58:52 CST