Merge statement throws ORA-00600 error when USING query returns no rows

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_SHOESyahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 15:08:03 -0500

I have a MERGE statement that works fine when the USING query returns rows. But there are some circumstances where the query doesn't return any rows - this is normal and expected - and when the query comes back empty, I get the following error:

ORA-02002: error while writing to audit trail ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [kzasps1], [4], [47], [], [], [], [], []

along with a 4Meg trace file.

This only happens when the USING query returns no rows. As long as the query returns at least one record, all is good.

The expected behavior for a MERGE statement when the USING query returns no rows would be that nothing gets updated or inserted. This is what happens with a simple test case.

Anybody ever seen this? Should I open a tar?

W2k3, Oracle 9.2

//Walt Received on Thu Feb 08 2007 - 14:08:03 CST