Re: How to associate Foreign Key with an Index?

From: John K. Hinsdale <hin_at_alma.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2007 08:04:58 -0800

On Feb 8, 10:10 am, Walt <walt_ask..._at_SHOESyahoo.com> wrote:

> BTW, I think your terminology is backwards from usual usage, re parent
> and child record.

My error. I realize Oracle's terminology refers to the referenced table (the "1" half of "1:N") as parent, and is the more common, and intuitive, e.g.,
ORA-02291: integrity constraint (...) violated - parent key not found I come from a background where anything with an arrow pointing to it is a "child"

--JH Received on Thu Feb 08 2007 - 10:04:58 CST