Re: Full table scan despite appropriate indexes

From: <aravind.kanda_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2007 07:14:53 -0800

The datatype for the join columns are same - number(10). How do I display the dbms_xplan.display in toad? Sorry for being so dumb.

I tried SELECT * FROM table(DBMS_XPLAN.display) it does not have the results of the latest explain plan. I use a table toad_plan_table to hold the xplain plan data and it does not have predicates.

I tried this query in a development environment. The optimizer chose the index without using a hint. I looked at the stats and realized that the table was never analyzed. So I went ahead and analyzed the table and rerun the query, but this time it went for a full table scan! Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? I am confused. Received on Thu Feb 08 2007 - 09:14:53 CST