Re: Oracle Express & Oracle Client On Same Machine

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 8 Feb 2007 06:47:31 -0800

On Feb 8, 3:19 pm, "Jack" <jrsc..._at_comcast.net> wrote:
> Has anyone put Oracle Express (9i or 10g) and Oracle (10g) Client on
> the same machine (Windows XP)? I was planning to do so, but I
> wondering if anyone has done this already. If some one has done this,
> are there any problems that I should look out for? What configuration
> settings should I use on the host? Pointers would be appreciated.

There is no such thing as Oracle Express 9i. The best you can do is (as usual) read the installation documentation (which you obviously try to avoid by posting here), and you will find the customary answer they need to be installed in different Oracle_homes.
Apart from that obviously both products will use resources, and all of our crystal balls have worn out, you can not expect anyone here is capable of abstracting the installation document specifically for your situation.

The installation manual can be found here http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B25329_01/doc/install.102/b25143/toc.htm

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA