Re: How to start Oracle Application Server on Linux

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 13:49:05 GMT

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 14:26:33 +0100, Cris wrote:

> arfan.ameer_at_gmail.com wrote:
>

>> How oracle application server is started on linux. I installed the
>> application server 10.0.2 on windows and linux. In windows the
>> services can be started through opmnctl but in linux i could find any
>> of such.

> AFAIK version 10.0.2 does not exist.
>
> In version 9.0.4 opmnctl it's under $ORACLE_HOME/opmn/bin, perhaps it's
> there in your version too.

Officially the '10.1.2' means that it is 'release 2 of app server' and ships with/uses 'release 1' of the database for the infrastructure - if infrastructure is used. So, I suppose 10.0.2 implies that he's not using infrastructure.

And you are right ... each app server comes with it's own opmnctl in the {app server home}/opmn/bin

opmnctl startall

(as documented)

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!