rman question

From: <jernigam_at_kochind.com>
Date: 7 Feb 2007 14:25:01 -0800

DB version 9.2.0.7
Windows Server 2003

I have a question about deleteing obsolete copies with RMAN. The recovery window is set to 1 week. The backup files are stored to disk. The RMAN script deletes the obsolete copies. Then each night the files are copied to tape using the server backup software and not using RMAN. If I restore a backup file from tape that is 10 days old, can I restore the database to that point in time? Is it possible to restore to a time prior to the recovery period? Received on Wed Feb 07 2007 - 16:25:01 CST