pass the row as a parameter from a trigger

From: prunoki <hegyvari_at_ardents.hu>
Date: 6 Feb 2007 12:46:59 -0800

Hello,

Is there an elegant, easy way of passing the :new values of the row from an each row trigger to a procedure? (10g) A trigger or a procedure the trigger calls cannot read data from its own table (table is mutating error) so I need to pass the values as a parameter and I am looking for an easy way to do it. Basically to handle the :new row as a record variable (like table%rowtype) and pass it, without typing everything again (:new.field1, :new.field2, ...).

I can generate the sql with select statements from cols of course. Or I could create a global temp or PL/SQL table. Anything more elegant?

Any ideas,

Krisztian Received on Tue Feb 06 2007 - 14:46:59 CST