Oracle 8i replication question

From: xman <xman_at_optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 10:50:41 -0600

Hello,

We are running Oracle 8i with replication. Long ago we wrote a vb 6 application that utilizes the replication OLE control, so our remote users can do a data sync to the master database.

Some of our remote site running windows xp are getting "<application name> has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error occurs on the OLREP840.DLL.

I know Oracle is not supporting 8i anymore, but has anyone encountered this problem before? I have a funny feeling windows xp and oracle 8i replication ocx is not a good combination. But, I need proof of this, so if noone has encountered this problem can you direct me to any documentation that recommends not using oracle 8i replication and windows xp?

thank you in advance! Received on Tue Feb 06 2007 - 10:50:41 CST