oracle jdbc errors handling

From: schw <schwartz_at_alpha.net.pl>
Date: 6 Feb 2007 03:09:58 -0800

Hi all,

I've got the following code:

try {
  stmt = m_conn.createStatement ();
  stmt.clearWarnings();
  stmt.executeUpdate("create procedure A is begin end;");   SQLWarning ws = stmt.getWarnings();

 }
catch (SQLException e)
{

        System.err.println(e.getSQLState();
        System.err.println(e.getMessage());
        return;

}

I know that the query in the execute method is wrong but there is no exception raised and ws contains just one warning saying that procedure has been created but with some warnings. I dont know how to get more details of the problem occured. in PL/SQL you do 'SHOW ERR' and it prints out detailed messages. don't know how to get this in java. anyone can help please?

thanks
schw Received on Tue Feb 06 2007 - 05:09:58 CST