In what order should processes be started/stopped?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 5 Feb 2007 20:36:25 -0800

What is the recommended sequence for stopping the database server and the listener?

I can modify the tnsnames.ora file at any time (just like its equivalent /etc/resolv.conf in Unix) and the changes will take effect immediately, right?

OTOH, when the listener.ora file is modified, I should stop, modify, and then restart the listener, right? What about the database processes, should I restart them as well?

Please see my related post "lsnrctl doesn't really stop the listener".

Any pointer that helps me understand these issues is welcome and appreciated.

TIA, -Ramon F Herrera Received on Mon Feb 05 2007 - 22:36:25 CST