Re: How to increase MAX number of connections for Oracle DB server?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2007 13:54:45 -0800

On Feb 3, 2:38 am, "jshen...._at_gmail.com" <jshen...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry , I made a mistake in the first message. There are two DBs,
> pin65db and appdb. I want to increase the max connection number of
> pin65db, whose configuration is pasted above.
>
> Joe

Look on metalink for documents explaining the settings of unix kernel parameters and how they relate to oracle init parameters (because when you increase the processes parameter, you will likely see messages coming back from the OS), as well as recheck your install guide and any notes you made about the install). Your settings for shared pool and redo log buffer look suspiciously large, and db_block_buffers seems a bit small, I would wonder how you came up with the particular sizes. Note that the documented hit ratio tuning method has been pretty much shown to be, well, not too good.

Also strongly consider upgrading to a supported Oracle version.

I agree with Mark about avoiding shared server (MTS).

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.castlecops.com/a6737-100_000_Contest_Celebration.html