Stored Procs within a Transaction?

From: Mike Ross <mike_at_perq.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:14:11 -0600

I have been migrating my company's application to an Oracle 10g database, and I have run into a strange problem:

I begin a transaction, execute several SQL insert and update statements, then call a Stored Procedure that does a table insert, then I do a couple more SQL insert statements, and then I rollback the transaction. All of the activity is rolled back - EXCEPT the insert that happened in the Stored Procedure - that activity remains in the database. The Stored Proc is very simple - it just inserts a row into a table, and it doesn't declare any of its own transactions or anythign like that.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and ADO.NET to do this, using OracleCommand and OracleTransaction objects, calling OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery to submit the commands to Oracle.

Can anybody help me understand why the Stored Procedure activity is NOT getting rolled back? Received on Mon Feb 05 2007 - 15:14:11 CST