Re: Tracking DB Link Usage

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 5 Feb 2007 06:11:52 -0800

On Feb 3, 10:39 pm, "Michael42" <melliot..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a simple way to track Database Link usage in an Oracle 10g R2
> database?
>
> Though my link uses a user name and passowrd, at minimum I am looking
> to log Oracle user accounts that utilize it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael42

My study notes about x$k2gte:

Mark Bobak's query (originally in Metalink forum thread 524821.994, where he further attributed authorship) uses this table to find sessions coming from or going to a remote database; in short, x $k2gte.k2gtdses matches v$session.saddr, .k2gtdxcb matches v $transaction.addr. It's more robust than this query, and better than checking for DX locks for outgoing sessions (since a DX lock only shows up in v$lock for the current distributed transaction session).

where Mark's query is a link to
http://www.freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/02-2005/msg00613.html

Yong Huang Received on Mon Feb 05 2007 - 08:11:52 CST