Looping

From: <DPDesroches_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2007 19:47:56 -0800

I have an SQL questions.
I am trying to reset about 28 sequence generators with a looping program; my problem comes when I try to trim the prefix and suffix from the max number in the database.

Currently I am using a left and right trim as follows. XXX = column name in this example I do know from looking at another table that controls the prefix and suffix that all prefix and suffix are alpha. RTRIM(ltrim(max(XXX),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ'),'ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ')

any help would be great. Received on Sun Feb 04 2007 - 21:47:56 CST