specifying/ qualifying function parameters? Sequence/order

From: jobs <jobs_at_webdos.com>
Date: 4 Feb 2007 06:27:01 -0800

Oracle noob needing some help. Thanks in advance for any help or information.

How do you qualify parameters when running an Oracle stored procedure. I know I can enter them in sequence, but I writing vb.net application that will store them in any order and I need to be able to qualify them.

I know that in sql server I can specify them out of order by qualifying them ..

EXEC CPMTEST @y='f1', @x='5'

So how do you do this in SQLPlus??

SQL> variable result number
SQL> begin
  2 :result :=X_TEST(y='f1',x='5')
  3 end;
  4 /
end;
*
ERROR at line 3:

ORA-06550: line 3, column 1:
PLS-00103: Encountered the symbol "END" when expecting one of the
following:

. ( * % & = - + ; < / > at in is mod not rem
<an exponent (**)> <> or != or ~= >= <= <> and or like between ||
The symbol ";" was substituted for "END" to continue.

Also, wonder is there anyway to execute plsql in Toad and/or PLSQL developer? currently I'm having to test this SQLPlus.

Thank you! Received on Sun Feb 04 2007 - 08:27:01 CST