oracle 9i win xp db creation error

From: Archu <archu.oct_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Feb 2007 20:51:46 -0800

hi,

I installed oracle 9i in win xp and am not able to create the database..

I get the following errors when creating a database:

createprocess: null -new -sid arch -startmode m error=2

ora-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error

I tried to look into the OTN docs, am able to understand there is some issue in DB creation and its not able to connect to db. But am not able to trace which is the problem and how to solve it. any help in this regard is highly appreciated..

thanks,
Arch Received on Sat Feb 03 2007 - 22:51:46 CST