Re: CPU usage per schema

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 14:55:10 -0800

schimme_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> Os is True64 Unix an i use os command
> iostat (vmstat on other unix) , i use statpack but it statpack report
> did't gave me result of percentage of cpu usage per schema (schemaname
> from v$session) in moment on time ...
>

> A Morgan je napisao/la:

>> schimme_at_gmail.com wrote:
>>> On my Oracle RDBMS server 9.2.0.6 RAC on one node I have 0 % idle
>>> time. I try ro find out top session and I indetify that. Now I neen
>>> some script to find out percentage CPU usage per schema ...
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Me
>> 1. How did you determine 0% idle time?
>> 2. What operating system?
>> 3. StatsPack?
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> University of Washington
>> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>> (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
>> www.psoug.org

Please don't top post ... this isn't email. Scroll to the bottom to reply.

I'm not sure why you think 0% idle time is an issue but neither do I think tracing by schema makes any sense at all because schemas don't use resources.

Which StatsPack activities account for the most use of resources? Are they being consumed by connected users or background processes? Which ones?
How much?

Why is any of this an issue? How is it affecting end users? SLA?