Re: about sizing oracle

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2007 16:22:51 -0800

On Feb 2, 11:53 am, esthershe..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> HI, dear all
>
> I'm UDB DBA, new in oracle side.. for some reason , I was put into
> position to sizing oracle server...
>
> like # of CPU and # of Memory.
>
> I would be very appreciated for any suggestions on it.
>
> Thanks.

Do you have any constraints of operating system or hardware or expenditures or application? Is there some UDB system that is currently used that is not big enough?

Note that there are licensing price point discontinuities based on number and type of cpu versus edition of Oracle. Range is from free XE limited to one processor to...infinity and beyond! Well anyways, the tpc benchmark systems are pretty big.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.oracle.com/apps_benchmark/html/0440A_Report1.html