Re: Shutdown of one instance takes about 1hr

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2007 10:51:08 -0800

On Jan 31, 11:25 pm, Alexander Skwar <alexan..._at_skwar.name> wrote:
> DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org>:
>
> > I may be totally off-base here but I notice the names all start with
> > RAC.
>
> Hehe. Well, they start with "RACE", which is the name of our
> application. And yes, RACE starts with RAC - but that's no
> RAC here ;)
>
> > Also, seriously consider, patching to the latest 9.2 patchset. You are
> > quite a ways behind that and desupport begins in a few short months.
>
> Thanks for the notice, but as we don't have any support at all...
> I also don't even have OTN access :(
>
> Alexander Skwar

But you have access here? OTN is free, all you need is an email and a browser. metalink is where you need to get patches.

Relying on usenet for Oracle support is only marginally better than relying on talk radio for historical scholarship. Some of it may be right, but you really need access to primary material. And some of it may be way wrong.

Like gazzag, I also wonder why you need to shutdown every night. Would you have a system that was upgraded from O7 or earlier with little thought, three or four years ago?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://technorati.com/wtf/wtf