Re: How to increase MAX number of connections for Oracle DB server?

From: <jshen.cad_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Feb 2007 10:39:37 -0800

On 2月3日, 上午12时04分, "gazzag" <gar..._at_jamms.org> wrote:
> On 2 Feb, 15:27, "jshen...._at_gmail.com" <jshen...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > thanks for quick help.
>
> > the DB version is 8.1.7.
>
> > Joe
>
> > > Lots of information regarding the server configuration but, sadly, no
> > > Oracle version ;-)
>
> > > Anyway, check out the SESSIONS initialisation parameter:
>
> > >http://download-uk.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/ini...Hide quoted text -

> What do the following SQL*Plus commands return?
>
> SQL> show parameter processes
>
> SQL> show parameter sessions
>
> HTH

The result is :

SQL> show parameter processes

NAME                                 TYPE    VALUE
------------------------------------ -------
------------------------------
aq_tm_processes                      integer 0
db_writer_processes                  integer 1
job_queue_processes                  integer 0
log_archive_max_processes            integer 1
processes                            integer 600
SQL> show parameter sessions
NAME                                 TYPE    VALUE
------------------------------------ -------
------------------------------
java_max_sessionspace_size           integer 0
java_soft_sessionspace_limit         integer 0
license_max_sessions                 integer 0
license_sessions_warning             integer 0
mts_sessions                         integer 0
sessions                             integer 665
SQL> In init.ora , there are lines as :

# replace DEFAULT with your database name db_name=DEFAULT

db_files = 80

# SMALL
# db_files = 400
# MEDIUM
# db_files = 1500
# LARGE

db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8

# SMALL
# db_file_multiblock_read_count = 16
# MEDIUM
# db_file_multiblock_read_count = 32
# LARGE

db_block_buffers = 100

# SMALL
# db_block_buffers = 550
# MEDIUM
# db_block_buffers = 3200
# LARGE

shared_pool_size = 3500000

# SMALL
# shared_pool_size = 5000000
# MEDIUM
# shared_pool_size = 9000000
# LARGE

log_checkpoint_interval = 10000

processes = 50

# SMALL
# processes = 100
# MEDIUM
# processes = 200
# LARGE

parallel_max_servers = 5

# SMALL
# parallel_max_servers = 4 x (number of CPUs)
# MEDIUM
# parallel_max_servers = 4 x (number of CPUs)
# LARGE

log_buffer = 32768

# SMALL
# log_buffer = 32768
# MEDIUM
# log_buffer = 163840
# LARGE

# audit_trail = true            # if you want auditing
# timed_statistics = true       # if you want timed statistics
max_dump_file_size = 10240      # limit trace file size to 5 Meg each

# Uncommenting the line below will cause automatic archiving if archiving has

# been enabled using ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG.
# log_archive_start = true
# log_archive_dest = disk$rdbms:[oracle.archive]
# log_archive_format = "T%TS%S.ARC"

what should I modify ? should I change parameters in operating system ?

Joe Received on Fri Feb 02 2007 - 12:39:37 CST