Re: How to achieve Parallel execution on Tables and SP's

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 15:30:42 GMT

sangu_rao_at_yahoo.co.in wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to know how Oracle will handle Parallel execution and
> synchronization on Table and SP's when multiple sessions are accessing
> the same object.
> For example I have one SP called Test_SP and this SP gets executed by
> 2 different sessions at same time. The Test_SP contains few DML
> operations like Deleting rows from a table and some Inserts. In this
> scenario how we can achieve parallelism and synchronization such that
> multiple sessions can access them in Parallel for producing good
> performance gains. Also when we use GLOBAL TEMPORARY Tables with ON
> DELETE CASCADE option will it provide Synchronization and parallelism
> automatically or de we need to set any parameters explicitly. Please
> provide your comments, this is very much needed for my project
> requirements.
>
> Thanks
> Rao

It does not matter if the INSERT or DELETE statements are in a stored procedure or outside of one. They all follow the same transactional control rules. So a good understanding of how handles transactions is necessary. Start with the following:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/toc.htm

Pay close attention to Chapters 4 and 13.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net