Re: when rebuild IOT ?

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2007 23:56:02 -0800

Eric wrote:
> I'm on 9.2.0.5. I have noticed that some IOTs where taking as much 2 to 4
> times space as they should. Are we supposed to rebuild IOTs, and what are
> pros & cons about that ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Eric

I assume that rebuilding IOT is quite the same like rebuilding index. If you want to know why, when you should rebuild indexes you can read this paper http://www.miracleas.dk/images/upload/Docs/Richard %20Foote.pdf and search in asktom.oracle.com site for index rebuild and you'll get what Tom is thinking about index rebuilds :)

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Fri Feb 02 2007 - 01:56:02 CST