Re: Getting queue table name

From: tim <traggatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: 1 Feb 2007 03:31:35 -0800

Hi Niall

I am trying to dequeue queue items from one queue and place them into a normal table. The normal table would be an identical copy of the queue table placed in a backup schema. My approach is to select the item from the queue table, insert it into the normal table, then dequeue the item from the queue.

Originally, rather than creating a copy of the queue table, we were going to create identical queues in the backup schema. But since we are only using the backup table for archiving purposes (no actual queuing functionality is required) we thought it would be better to use a normal table.

Can you suggest a better way of doing this?

Tim. Received on Thu Feb 01 2007 - 05:31:35 CST