Re: Log file in Web directory ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:02:34 -0800

m.t wrote:
> Is it "OK" to output application/process log file
> to a location where the web server can see
> so that one can view it in via http instead of
> requiring shell acoount ?
> thanks

If Ok means you want someone else to weigh in on what your internal security and business practices should be I would say no. I would not make available to a web server information that could be used to compromise the system.

If by Ok you mean can I do it? Then yes you can.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington